Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Subtle Mind

This week we changed from the Loving Kindness exercise to the Subtle Mind exercise. I think they seem to do two different things. The Loving Kindness exercise seems to focus on sending loving energy to help and heal. The Subtle Mind exercise seems to focus more on inner peace and calmness. When I do the Loving Kindness exercise, I almost feel like my consciousness expands and fills with energy. I can actually feel the buzzing of energy. In the Subtle Mind exercise I feel a calmness. Like I'm just floating. At the same time, I feel like I am a part of everything. I don't feel emotionally or physically attached to anything. I just observe in stillness.

Spiritual, mental and physical wellness are all intertwined. If one area is lacking, it affects the other areas. The good news is that since they are all connected, they can be used to help each other. A physical ailment can be helped with mind and spirit through meditation, yoga, etc. Mental ailments can be helped the same way. I can apply this to my life by meditating regularly, exercising and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment